Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fireworks ch09

Right, so... I sort of forgot about putting up new stories for the past two weeks. So here's Fireworks and next Sunday be ready for the third part of Ootsiders. I'll move about The Walls... for a bit too during the holiday. To be honest I had little time on my hands and I'm still going to have to work on a RPG storyline for a program me and my friend are making. I haven't really gotten to writing anything in the past couple of days. I do however perfect the stories in my head.

Right, not to keep you waiting. Next part (this time as usual) on Friday.

~PhotoKisser

***


Chapter 9
“A friend and a comrade…”

Silence grew bigger as the time passed. Almost everyone in the room was shocked. Including the person who was the reason of the surprise. How could he have said something like that? His heart began to race, his eyes ran across the room, stopping for brief moments at almost everything that was in it. Panic. What should he do now? Start laughing? Talking? Explaining everything?
‘Mohinder…’ a whisper disturbed him. ‘How could you…?’ Bennet’s voice was shaking. He wanted to shout, scream, say something more than just those simple words, but his voice was stuck inside his throat, unable to get out. 
‘It’s Molly…’ Mohinder explained quietly with unreasonable confidence. It was as if someone else was talking through him. He looked at Sylar in panic but he was even more surprised than him. 
‘What?’ Bennet asked slowly when he heard no explanation. 
‘They got her…’ Mohinder’s head started slowly lowering towards his knees. He was tired. 
‘Who…?’ Noah asked but when there was no answer he started shaking his half-conscious body. ‘Who got her?’ he shouted. 
‘Leave him alone!’ another voice joined the one-sided conversation. Sylar looked towards Mohinder with a little concern in his eyes. ‘Don’t you think you gave him too much drugs?’ he added seeing that the Indian was only half-connected to the real world. 
‘What… have you done something to her then?’ Bennet asked annoyed.
‘No…’ Sylar answered calmly. ‘I’ll explain everything to you if you just stay quiet and calm and stop interfering. Both you and your invisible friend behind you…’ he added with a little smirk after hearing Claude’s heartbeat calm down a little bit. He just couldn’t stand that. 
Claude’s heartbeat started racing again as he showed himself. There was no sense hiding himself as everybody knew he was there. 
‘Good…’ Sylar smiled and leaned on the back of his chair. ‘Remember November the 8th? It seemed as if I died back then. But I didn’t. I don’t remember exactly what happened between the 8th and 16th November. Just small straps of information. Well… it’s not enough to make a story out of it. I don’t even know how the person who did this to me looked like, but I will remember…’ a wicked grin appeared on Sylar’s face. ‘I just need something that would help me… A name, anything like that…’
‘And what does that has to do with anything?’ Bennet interfered. 
‘Look… I was beat up so badly I could’ve died there. And I don’t even remember his face… I can’t seem to remember anything what happened except the basic facts… Somebody has been messing with my memories and I know that.’
‘What makes you so sure?’ Bennet asked quickly. Sylar still hasn’t earned his trust and most likely there was no way it could ever happen.
‘I have powers… You haven’t seen most of them…’ Sylar explained deeply annoyed. ‘Anyways… After that I found myself in my old apartment in Queens remembering only what happened when I mysteriously appeared in Mohinder’s place. And I want revenge. That’s why I asked him to help me find the man who did this to me… And as we returned to his home we found the notebook…’
Bennet twitched as a little black book appeared before him levitating in the air. 
‘And you’re sure it’s that person?’ Bennet asked looking at the front page.
‘I’m more than sure. I know it… When I saw the sign I heard his voice. I remembered him saying it: “let the game begin”…’
‘If that’s the case you should’ve called me…’
‘Oh, we did. But I guess that somebody accidentally hang up on us. Just when we tried to tell you about her. As for your help…’
‘There is no way I’m going to help you. You’re our enemy. I can’t believe Mohinder ever agreed to this,’ Bennet denied immediately.
‘He did what he needed to do to protect her…’ Sylar remained serious.
‘He’s been lured into your trap. He’s helping you! He’s helping the enemy!
‘He’s not an enemy!’ another voice entered the conversation. Mohinder’s voice. ‘Sylar’s a friend and a comrade. At least for now. And until we find Molly your quarrels don’t matter much.’
‘Mohinder’s right,’ Sylar agreed quickly, trying to hide his shock. A friend… He was someone’s friend… A big smile appeared inside his soul. It meant more than all the powers he ever got… But of course… He was Sylar… There was no way he would agree with something like that. But Gabriel… still hidden deep inside laughed. And so did he… ‘I promise you I won’t do anything to your daughter…’ Sylar said peacefully towards Bennet. 
Noah looked surprised at the man who almost killed Claire. It was the last thing he would expect to hear from him. But there was a change in his voice. It was small, almost unrecognizable, but it was there. Something changed him. But no… There was no way he could ever trust him. Not after what he did to Claire. 
‘I’m in…’ he said giving up. He had no choice. He knew Sylar was just waiting for a chance to get Claire’s healing ability, but there was no other way to get him than this. ‘But there’s just one thing…’ he started but Sylar was already concentrated on something else.
‘What about you?’ he asked looking at Claude. The Invisible Man was staying on the side for the whole time trying not to attract attention. He didn’t want to be any part of the plan. He looked with a bit of fear at Sylar. His heart was beating fast but he didn’t let his emotions control him.
‘You kiddin’, mate?’ he said with fake self assurance. ‘I’m in as long as it doesn’t have to do anything with my old work…’ he added. He already abandoned those memories and had no intention in making the old wounds bleed again. Besides, the best partner he had ever had was already with him. And it was his loss and betrayal that were the biggest of wounds. 
Sylar smiled. Now everybody was in place. And his whole plan was about to start. Convincing them to help him was just too easy… Of course he intended to keep his promise with Bennet. After the plan succeeded there was no need for killing his daughter. 
‘So… I will lead the operation. Mohinder will help me find him and then we’ll use what you two know to get to him… Understood?’
Bennet and Claude nodded. Once again they had no other choice. 
‘Dismissed…’ Sylar said with a huge grin on his face. ‘I always wanted to say that…’ he added childishly. 
Bennet left quietly with Claude on his back saying only “see you around” in his english accent. Sylar sighed with relief. He was tired. The drug made him partially loose the ability to control his powers so he had to use all his strength to control them. He nearly fainted the last time he had used telekinesis. And that could make him loose control, and as the ripples would spread probably everyone in the room would end up dead. It was almost a miracle that Mohinder survived when he was half-conscious. But again… Who would have help him if that were to happen?
‘So, Mohinder…’ he started looking at his friend’s body. It was a poor sight. He had almost no strength. The doze wasn’t big… Sylar was sure of that, but on the other hand it looked like Mohinder didn’t apply to the world’s top hundred immune people. ‘Looks like both of us would need a short nap, don’t you think?’ Sylar said untying Mohinder and laying his body on the couch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment