Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fireworks ch03

I have suffered yet another failure in regular posting. For now I am posting the continuation of Fireworks although I have finished Outsiders 2 already but I cant post it until I correct it which make take me some time.

I have connected this blog to my twitter account ( http://twitter.com/PhotoKisser ) although I have yet to find out if it was successful or not. Let's hope so. I'll find out when I post this.

I am also thinking about doing a simple written rpg game software in the near future :-) But as always it's too much plans for too little time. I hope it does work though.

For now however, here is the continuation of Fireworks. Enjoy!

~PhotoKisser

***


Chapter 3
‘Coffee?’

Mohinder looked blindly at a piece of glass sticking out of the bookcase. He remembered the weak face of Sylar, lying on the couch in the apartment in Queens. Leaving him there could had been a mistake… Especially if he only left a little note saying: “Please stay, Mohinder”. No. It was surely a mistake. But what could he do…? Molly was still weak and making her stay the whole day in the city with Noah wasn't good. And the mess that Sylar made… There was no way he could leave it like that

Knock, knock… 
Mohinder lousily opened the door. He was tired after yesterday and also he just got up, so it was only natural that he couldn’t normally prosper. It was 7 am after all… (Especially when he went to bed at around 3 hours after midnight) A loud ‘crack’ was heard when Mohinder pulled the handle. Or was it just his imagination? But truthfully it was loud for the person standing on the other side. 
The moment Mohinder took a short glimpse of the man standing on the other side was the moment he closed the door. Or tried to. Some weird strength stopped him from doing that, and instead he ended up opening the door even more.
‘Coffee?’ asked a man in a green Starbucks cap. He had dark sunglasses and lots, and lots of band aids on his face. They were mostly Sponge Bob or other cartoon band aids for kids (like “Power Puff Girls”, or “Spider-man”, “Superman" and other heroes band aids). He was holding a cup holder with two light brown cups and also two paper bags with an unknown content. Except for the unusual clothing and accessories, he wore the things he always did: a black coat, black shoes (unfortunately it seemed that he couldn’t find his other shoe so he had black and comfy running shoes) and a broken watch on his wrist. And also the unchanging grin which showed both innocence and evil intentions at the same time didn’t fade. 
‘What on the earth or you doing here…?’ Mohinder asked with fear. Sylar looked very lively (comparing to the half asleep Indian) as if nothing from yesterday had ever happened. 
‘Just bringing coffee… I think I owe you for saving my life. It’s “breakfast blend” and a latte. The first one’s for you’ he added after a short moment of uncomfortable silence. ‘Oh, and this is for Molly…’ he gave a small paper bag to – still surprised – Mohinder. ‘It’s a chocolate chip cookie and chocolate milk… I think you could leave it on the table and add a note. She should find it…’
‘Just what are you planning?’ asked Mohinder with reasonable suspicion. From the grin he could easily tell Sylar had something planned.
‘We’re going on a date…’ the man answered with his grin changing a little. There was more suspicion and mystery in it now that it was a bit wider. 
From Mohinder’s side only silence replied. It grew bigger as the time flew by. 
‘Well… not on a date…’ Sylar finally took on the subject a little further. ‘I guessed you wanted to talk to me… Unless of course you don’t want to…’ he added after Mohinder’s piercing look continued. 
The Indian sighed. There was nothing he could do. What Sylar said was true… He did want to talk to him. Very badly. There were so many questions he wanted to ask. First of all he needed to know why… He caught himself thinking about it. He shouldn’t space out in a time like this. One false step and he could be dead. Molly could be dead. He’d just fail again. 
‘OK… you might be right… We should discuss some things…’ he agreed with huge hesitation. He put the little paper bag on the table and added a note to the little girl, still sleeping peacefully in her bed. 
Sylar at that time took a little trip around the apartment. He looked at the things that changed since he last entered the Indian style home. There were quite a few changes. The desk with a laptop still guarded the same spot as always, even when Chandra Suresh was living there. In the deeper parts of the apartment, however, there was a couch. Probably picked for a long time, so it could match the style of the room. In the end it was a big, dark red couch with three brown cushions in elephants. There was also a thick blanket with the set judging from it’s dark red color exactly the same as the furniture. There were many childish drawings everywhere. Mostly with animals and Mohinder. 
He went towards a door that led to the Indian’s bedroom. Now the room was occupied by a little sick girl and medical equipment. He laid his hand on the cold metal of the handle. He smirked sensing a presence behind him. The person’s heart was racing and his breathing unstable. 
‘I thought you wanted to go on a date, not to pick on little girls’ said Mohinder pointing a gun at Sylar and trying to stop his voice and body from trembling. 
‘You know that won’t work on me…’ Sylar turned around and Mohinder could see that his grin hadn’t change a bit from when he was standing in the door. ‘Don’t worry… I don’t plan on doing anything to the little angel…’ he let go of the handle. ‘Are you ready?’ he added already heading towards the exit.
The Indian nodded. He put the gun away in the drawer and followed Sylar.

15 minutes later

Sylar was swallowing another piece of a bagel with cream cheese. He waited patiently for Mohinder to start his breakfast. They both were sitting silently in the park. 
Now Mohinder had a chance to ask all the questions he wanted. He felt weird tickling inside him as he thought of it. But now that he could, all the words disappeared from his head. All he could do is silently watch the coffee and two sesame bagel’s with cream cheese lying on his laps. 
Sylar seemed to somehow enjoy this situation. He was already finishing his bagel and the latte. He reached towards Mohinder’s second bagel and clamed it not waiting even for the Indian to answer his ‘may I?’ 
‘Why…?’ he heard from his left. The place where Mohinder was sitting. 
‘I’m hungry…’ Sylar answered.
‘Why didn’t you run, or kill me… It’s something you could have easily done…’ Mohinder ignored him. 
‘I could ask you the same question…’ Sylar finally got serious. ‘You had the chance to revenge your father, stop me from killing, and end your misery from the last time you couldn’t kill me… Yet you didn’t take the chance… and now… you just lost your only chance… Why…?’
Mohinder looked strait into Sylar’s brown eyes. It was something that neither of them wanted. The Indian saw all the killer’s victims in his eyes, along with their suffering and pain. All in the eyes of one man. Something a normal person could not live with. The guilt transformed into greed. Yet it seemed that there was more intelligence in the killer’s eyes than in a normal person. He quickly run away from his look.
‘I don’t know…’ Mohinder answered. ‘I just couldn’t pull the trigger…’
‘I'll tell you why then. We’re the same… You and I…’ Sylar said. His eyes glittered.
‘I’m not like you!’ Mohinder opposed. ‘I don’t kill innocent people!’ 
‘We both want something we can’t get…’ Sylar continued. He smirked watching as Mohinder lost his patience.
The Indian stood up placing his untouched bagel and coffee on the bench.
‘I’ve had enough of it!’ he said. ‘I don’t need to sit here waiting for you to stop insulting me! I don’t need any power like you do! And especially I don’t want to kill!’ Mohinder started walking away.
Sylar stood up. 
‘You’re using her…’ he said with a grin on his face. 
Mohinder stopped mortified. He couldn’t move. Even breathing was hard. At first he thought it was Sylar’s doing. But it felt different. It was his own incompetence. Deep down inside he knew that somehow the man was right. 
‘You lost the only one who could give you what you wanted… And then you found out about her… So you used the little girl to get what you wanted… You act like you care… But it’s your own greed.’
‘What do you want…?’ Mohinder asked. He already gave up. He felt like it was the truth. And In some way it was.
‘Before you found me… I saw a man… I want you to help me find him.’ Sylar demanded. ‘Don’t worry… I plan to do it the usual way…’ he said as his grin widened behind Mohinder’s back.

No comments:

Post a Comment