Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Music, annoying software & google buzz?

I haven't got any new stories yet but I guessed I could just write something anyways. A few interesting things have happened during the last week.

First the new google buzz appeared (or I just accidentally got it on my gmail account - no idea to be honest). I don't understand that thing at all! I mean sure, it connects twitter, picassa, blogger and so on but how come I have 16 followers out of which 1/3 is apparently myself.

The other thing is that annoying High School Programming League. My CS teacher makes me participate and sure the programs aren't that bad but still the site just isn't tolerant for java. I had to put one program in C++ because of it and I needed to search for a good compiler. I ended up with some program which I later came to a conclusion should've installed in the terminal but of course I didn't. In the end I apparently can't use C++ in my other compiler. I don't know if I can ever use C++ again. I messed something up and probably seriously. I know I should just use Python but I would need to sit down properly, print out a proper guide and then just do it step by step. On the other hand I have ready C++ codes to base my own and I know how to import and other things like that so it's easier for me. Am I boring anyone? Probably not since nobody reads this damn blog or they just don't comment.

As for music I got really cross with my acquaintance (can't really call him friend... mate? no, still too familiar). He represents every aspect that I despise of music fandom. "New bands are shit, only old classic rock and jazz are what people should listen to." Makes me sick. I can be persuasive but never will I dislike something just because it's new or has black in the name. That kind of thinking pulls music back and then we end up with Foo Fighters (sorry to all fans, I really don't like them) and lots and lots of copy cats.

I am continuing to write Torchwood. Currently working on the third episode and I want to finish it till Sunday to prove to myself that i can write a whole epie in one week. Not an easy task and I will have to dismiss school and everything else but I really need to work on it some more. I'm currently printing out the second part and I'm extremely proud of it. When I finish the third part I'm going to send the beginning to the Torchwood Magazine. Maybe something comes out of it. That would be nice. If not, I'm still going to publish it. I'm going to do my own forth series. With a proper storyline.

I was thinking about where I should study and I thought of four cities in the UK (excluding the rest of the world - haven't thought about those yet). One of them is Glasgow. So if I do get into the Glasgow Uni and I will still be obsessed with Torchwood (how can I not be, right?) I am so writing a story about myself being in Torchwood 2. Highly unlikely though judging from my grades (for now at least). Worst part is. I actually get pretty average grades for Polish and it's driving me mad because I'm really working hard and I've never ditched a lesson! I never play truant. Same with physics. But I guess I will just have to sit down to it once and study really seriously for a few days and then show everybody what I'm really made of and then their jaws are going to drop when I get 100%.

As for future uploads next up will be again Fireworks. I'm going to post it on Friday as from now on until I finish posting Fireworks it's going to be called Fireworks Day. Each Friday I will post another chapter. Other stories will also have their days: Outsiders is 9th of every month from today onwards. But that's the only one aside from Fireworks I can predict.

That is all for today. Next up will be my thoughts about nietzcheanizm. Where he's right and where I absolutely hate his guts. I really hate philosophy...

~PhotoKisser

No comments:

Post a Comment